This is TENTH year (holygoodness! ten years!) of the family “not resolutions”!
At the beginning of each year, I coerce everyone into nominating 5 things they’d possibly, maybe like to accomplish in the coming year – no pressure. Some of the family are ever-so-slightly more willing to participate in this than others, but we get there in the end.
Spoiler: this was probably the year where everyone’s achievements didn’t necessarily line up with their not-resolutions.
First Bessie – big changes in her life this year!
Review of 2019
1. Continue with Pilates and find a second form of exercise (ie swimming or dance)
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED. I was doing Pilates at work but they have since canceled it, I tried doing dance with a friend but our schedules kept not aligning. Currently having been doing workout in the apartment
2. Learn to drive (carried forward from last year as we got the math wrong on when jono could get his full license)
NOT ACHIEVED. I went on one lesson with Hansel and I ended up crying. I have since not returned, it’s also harder now that we both live in the inner west. We don’t know where to do lessons.
3. Design a new set of pins based off a different Australian city
4. Reach 1,000 Instagram followers on my design Instagram
5. Be accepted for a stall at a large market
NOT ACHIEVED. My design business was put on the back burner since starting a new job and moving out.
And for 2020
1. Draw something new every fortnight
2. Read a new library book once a month
3. Go on at least one holiday
4. Do more markets
5. Try a new dinner every fortnight