I chose to undertake projects this year because, although my life is very excellent indeed, I was finding myself a little directionless, a little dissatisfied, a little disgruntled and I wanted more focus.
Projects are not to be confused with the annual not resolutions because they aren’t simple suggestions of things I might like to maybe, possibly consider doing – I really do want to make these things happen.
As I explained to Donaldo, I need to have the projects recorded with action items and frequency, otherwise they will languish, forgotten and another year will have gone by where I’ve done nothing to speak of and am increasingly. Holy!Goodness! What have I become, when I am setting SMART goals for my personal life?!? What is next? Gantt charts?
So, to summarise what I would like to get done:
- film: one new film per fortnight
- foodz: one new recipe per week
- da ‘hood: explore the neighbourhood once per month
- paint: 6 months to paint the interior of ThePalace(OfLove)
- teev: watch something each week from the ridiculously extensive stash of video media
- projects: complete one project from my dabbler email per month
- learnin: commence my manageress diploma (+ no dallying re assignments)
- exercise: twice a week. incidental exercise does not count
- thing: find my thing (the least SMART of all the projects)
- sobriety: a dry (at least) January
Day two and I am rocking the sobriety (though after a ghastly first day back at SML, one really could do with a nice, relaxing glass of wine – or 6).