So, how am I doing with the 2014 projects?
- Project 2014: Running – get back to running 15km on a regular basis.
Woo hoo! Got there (and above – 21km!) in Feb. Planning to stick to 15km per Saturday for March. Entered smh half-marathon!
- Project 2014: Frugality – buy nothing unnecessary in 2014
Hmmm – no outrageous spending thus far. Okay, maybe the $50 for 2 pairs of running socks was ever-so-slightly insane.
- Project 2014: Foodz – try a new recipe twice per month AND document it
Yes and no. Tried – not necessarily documented. Must remedy the documenting because it can be really helpful for future attempts. For example, I rather wish I had consulted these notes before embarking on tonight’s steak and kidney pie.
- Project 2014: Micro-travel – Go away for (at least) FOUR weekends
First trip planned for March. Flights paid for with Don’s frequent flyer points, accommodation paid for by both taking lunch 4x per week + bagging coins. Incidentally, I would totally recommend the lunch thing as a saving-for-something strategy (or even as a general savings strategy).
- Project 2014: Education – Diploma of Advanced Manageressing (make time to do study / assessments 5 days per week.)
Well, I’ve applied for credit (and should receive it) for one of my subjects. Commencing the actual thing in March for sure. Okay, maybe April.
- Project 2014: Escape – make plans for getting the heck out of SML
This is a fail. I have made no plans, think Stockholm Syndrome. But hey, I hit the 300 accrued hours of long service leave this week!
- Project 2014: Try New Things – one new thing per month
I knitted cables and lace in Jan/Feb and ran 21km in Feb! I want to give patchwork a bash and perhaps sew an adult garment.
- Project 2014: Romance – do one couple-y/date-y thing per fortnight
We’ve had some dinners and a lunch date. I’m not sure if it we’ve hit the fortnight target, but … baby steps!
- Project 2014: Watching – watch good film and television regularly
One film per fortnight on GiantTelevision
One television programme per week on GiantTelevision
I think the winter olympics put paid to this for a wee while (yay! snow-sports). We’ve been engrossed in sherlock, completed it last night and must now settle on A New Thing.
- Project 2014: Sobriety – don’t drink too much alcohol
Reasonably good with this. Probably should cut out for half marathon prep. Well, after mini-break.
- Project 2014: Reading – for every trashy book I read for teh lulz, read something proper
This is a fail. There have been WAY too many silly crafting murders in my life. I’ve also branched out into the silly golf murders (which, admittedly are kind of cute). Now am reading Dawn French which I really don’t think counts as proper either.