March tomorrow and the end of summer – *sob* – I’m not too fond of the heat, but I love the light.
I’m not sure why, but February was a pretty tough month for me mentally. Maybe because I was back at work after the long holiday, but I never really felt like I was actually present and everything seems a bit of a blur. I hope this doesn’t carry over into March.
On that cheerful note, on with the monthly project accounting.
TL;DR version – of 12 projects: achieved = 4 achieved; 6 partially achieved; 2 not achieved. To be honest a better than expected outcome.
- war on sloth
– running at least 3x per week / daily exercise – core + glutes (even 5 minutes is better than nothing).
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: Getting better in the daily exercise toward the end of the month with the introduction of the micro circuit. Running has been happening, but I can’t seem to push beyond the 3-4km mark which is a little frustrating.
- war on graffiti
– never let the graffiti on the front of ThePalace(OfLove) remain unpainted for more than 24 hours. Always photograph, always report.
ACHIEVED!: TWO WHOLE MONTHS!
- war on duopolies
– minimise shopping at Coles / Woolies and their associated companies.
– support small, independent businesses
ACHIEVED!: SIXTY SIX DAYS!
- war on clutter
– get rid of everything we don’t need or want or things we have been holding on to for stupid reasons
ACHIEVED: Carted off another half-dozen bags to the Salvation Army this morning, including a shopping bag full of cables for long gone tech. I really don’t think we needed two FireWire to apple 30pin cables – or actually even one!
- war on chub
– continue with amazingly successful 5:2 diet
– no booze (except for holidays)
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: Shared a bottle of wine after our dreadful meeting with the financial planner (really need to write about that), also had one glass today at the pub while watching the end of the Aus v NZ cricket, otherwise all good.
5:2 continues successfully – much easier since I gave up the second coffee and replaced it with eating.
- war on unnecessary spending
– don’t buy anything that is not absolutely essential – none of this fudging with the definition of essential.
– take lunch to work at least 4 days per week
NOT ACHIEVED: Stuff has been bought. Lunch has not not been taken.
- war on the uncreative (apologies for the lame project title, alternative suggestions welcome!)
– make one thing per month
– blog at least every second day
– take at least one photo every day
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: No making of anything.
Blogging on average of every two days.
Photography has been happening.
- war on blandness
– read good books | watch good films and television (at least once a week)
– eat good new things (two per month?)
– listen to one improving podcast per week
– avoid reading the increasingly dreadfulsmh.com.au
(VERY) PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: No cooking new things. I have REALLY lost my cooking mojo
Yes, I have listened to podcasts, but not one per week (recommendations welcomed).
Yes, no smh for two whole months! Still glorious!
Yes, films + tv – after we finally sorted ourselves with netflix toward the end of the month
Books, no! I read Stuffocation: Living More With Less which seems to have put me off reading for a while.
- war on the shoddy / shonky in ThePalace(OfLove)
– have the leaks fixed
– finish the last bits of the paintering
– get quotes for balcony sliding door | shutters | conservatory
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: Leak penetration testing was somewhat inconclusive. More investigation needs to be done.
Painting scheduled for April. Quotes on hold scheduled for May.
- war on our genX slackerness
– get our finances in order
– get our estate planning in order
NOT ACHIEVED: Financial planner experience was dreadful. I’m hoping to start working on the estate planning tomorrow.
- war on the career (see genX slackerness)
– ramp up the professionalism in dress, grooming and manner.
– just knuckle down and do this advanced manageressing course. FIVE times a week.
– take this “I am expecting big things from you in the next six months” seriously and action accordingly.
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED!: The dress and the grooming and the manner all good. No response yet re being locked out of manageressing course materials – will follow up on Monday.
- war on poor self-esteem
– just stop entirely reading the social media accounts of those who make me feel inadequate (of course, this is not you dear reader)
ACHIEVED!: This continues to be a Very Good Thing and in no way contributed to my meh-ness in Feb