I failed to update for September and October, but let’s have a crack at updating before the last month of the year (ZOMG! last month of the year?!?):
- Project 2014: Running – get back to running 15km on a regular basis.
FAIL!: Yet another injury prevented much of anything, but in the last few days of November I’ve made a very slow return to running. Yay! In November I also dumped both the gym and the FatController – which was a big relief.
- Project 2014: Frugality – buy nothing unnecessary in 2014
FAIL!: Well, I suppose one could argue that the purchases were all necessary. There were quite a lot of unanticipated expenses in the last month – we definitely need to cut back in 2015.
- Project 2014: Foodz – try a new recipe twice per month AND document it
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED!: We started the 5:2 diet in September, new things were tried, documentation was (again) lacking.
- Project 2014: Micro-travel – Go away for (at least) FOUR weekends
ACHIEVED!: Three of the four were in Melbourne, but hey, holidays!
- Project 2014: Education – Diploma of Advanced Manageressing
FAIL!: I have an extension until November 2015. From December I REALLY need to get started on this.
- Project 2014: Escape – make plans for getting the heck out of SML
FAIL!: Well there was A Reckoning and A Promotion, so I’m staying put for the next little bit.
- Project 2014: Try New Things – one new thing per month
FAIL!: I’m at a bit of a loss to think of anything new that is not totally gaming the system! I did meet an imaginary internet friend completely by chance for the first time, but it is not like I really had much agency over that!
- Project 2014: Romance – do one couple-y/date-y thing per fortnight
FAIL!: No dates
- Project 2014: Watching – watch good film and television regularly
FAIL!: We did start watching the US version of House of Cards (thanks Bessie!) at the end of November.
- Project 2014: Sobriety – don’t drink too much alcohol
FAIL!: Hahahahahaha, no. But back on the total sobriety train (with some celebratory December exceptions!)
- Project 2014: Reading – for every trashy book I read for teh lulz, read something proper
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED!: So I read some things. Some of them were even published this year!
mark henshaw: the snow kimono (conflicted about this – liked in bits, indifferent in bits) | paul daley: challenge (enjoyed – very now) | sue grafton: w is for wasted (perhaps not totally proper) (loved) | stuart littlemore: the murder book + counsel of choice + rats and mice (loved loved loved) | gillian flynn: gone girl (loathed x 23,76545374).
December? Holy!Goodness! I really need to ramp this up (and give some thought to 2015!)