So, as I am sure you are well aware, I set myself 10 projects for 2013, which I achieved with varying levels of success (and which I’ll review separately). I’ve found this a really useful exercise to at least try to not the world pass me by in a haze of werk stress and randomly scrolling past things on the InformationSuperHighway!
So, rather than make separate posts for each, here is my list (of 11!):
- Project 2014: Running – get back to running 15km on a regular basis.
As much as I would like to push harder, I am really conscious that I am prone to injury and that I need to take it easy. I’d love to do a half-marathon, but realistically that is more a 2015 goal.
- Project 2014: Frugality – buy nothing unnecessary in 2014
We spent a whole lot of $$$ in 2013. I’d like to be more mindful about spending!
- Project 2014: Foodz – try a new recipe twice per month AND document it
Weekly was too difficult to sustain, but I am fairly confident we can do fortnightly. I want to document because we’re somewhat hopeless at remembering things unless they are written down
- Project 2014: Micro-travel – Go away for (at least) FOUR weekends
This will be four more trips than we took in 2013
- Project 2014: Education – Diploma of Advanced Manageressing
Make time to do study / assessments 5 days per week. 20 minutes per day should have this course knocked over by the end of the year
- Project 2014: Escape – make plans for getting the heck out of SML
I will hit the 10 year mark in December – which means I can take 2 months paid leave (woo!). I really want to work somewhere else after that.
- Project 2014: Try New Things – one new thing per month
It can be anything – I just need to have not done it before (knitting cables for eg.)
- Project 2014: Romance – do one couple-y/date-y thing per fortnight
We’ve kind of forgotten how to go out and do things together
- Project 2014: Watching – watch good film and television regularly
One film per fortnight on GiantTelevision
One television programme per week on GiantTelevision
- Project 2014: Sobriety – don’t drink too much alcohol
While I don’t want to be quite as hardcore as in 2013 (though this was my second favourite project!), I really want to keep up with the not-much-drinking. Need to define some parameters.
- Project 2014: Reading – for every trashy book I read for teh lulz, read something proper
I read far, far, far too many really quite dreadfully bad books (I’m looking at you, Clive Cussler) so that I might entertain Don and myself with hilarious excerpts.
There are a few other things I’d like to – listen more often to my favourite radio stations, stop being so passionate and invested in SML for example – but I think that is probably enough to be getting on with!