End of the month and time to update the projects progress!
Everything rather went off the rails mid-March as a huge SML project consumed most of my thoughts / available time. The SML project has been very successfully completed, but it has been a little challenging to decompress and get back into the projects (and blogging).
- film: one new film per fortnight
NOT ACHIEVED: We did not see a single film. We are considering putting this project on hiatus while we embrace Austerity Measures for the next few months.
- foodz: one new recipe per week
ACHIEVED: While I’ve been quite dreadful about documenting them, we’re definitely keeping on track with this and it has been extremely worthwhile – so many great new things discovered.
- da ‘hood: explore the neighbourhood once per month
ACHIEVED: Well, kinda-sorta. After dropping Joe/Frank to a party (because we are the best parents in the world) a couple of weeks ago, we spontaneously checked out Marrickville for dinner and it was FABULOUS! Fortunately it is both walkable and cycle-able – definitely need to explore further.
- paint: 6 months to paint the interior of ThePalace(OfLove)
ON TRACK: We painted our bedroom. It looks fantastic. I have been slacking on completing the trim, I feel quite guilty about it, but it is an immensely tedious activity.
- teev: watch something each week from the ridiculously extensive stash of video media
NOT ACHIEVED: Again. We did watch a good deal of the new – my cat from hell which gave us excellent ideas for kitty management.
- projects: complete one project from my dabbler email per month
NOT ACHIEVED: While I like kimchi, I’m not that motivated to make my own. I need to make a decision regarding this project and (potentially) select a replacement.
- learnin: (a) commence my manageress diploma (+ no dallying re assignments) – updated to include (b) be a better manageress.
NOT ACHIEVED: (a) course is still yet to commence (there are funding issues which are being slowly resolved).
ACHIEVED: (b) I’ve done some things with team motivation and bonding that I am pretty pleased with. Next up I need to have yet another talk with VernPercy about his quality of work – sadly I am resigned to this being an ongoing challenge and having to work with it.
- exercise: twice a week. incidental exercise does not count
ACHIEVED: back on track with vengeance and signed up for City2Surf!
- thing: find my thing (the least SMART of all the projects)
NOT ACHIEVED: Still no closer to the thing. I am really enjoying the running, but that is not my thing.
- sobriety: a dry (at least) January
ACHIEVED: another month gone! And I survived two dinners out! And several football games! Yay me!
A whole quarter year gone already? This just crazy! I feel like I am not really anywhere near where I wanted to be, but I’ve achieved a lot more than I would have if I’d not set these goals.