Yes, it is the time where we, the fam, indicate what we might like to achieve in the coming year, but where there is absolutely no pressure to do so.
As ever, Joe/Frank listens to his Mummy (if only he would obey re: study) and gets his in before everyone else.
Firstly though, we review 2012.
- Spend less time on internet
NOT ACHIEVED: So very, very spectacularly not achieved
- Stick to deadlines for ‘draft’ submissions and study timetables
NOT ACHIEVED: Though most of his 2012 assessments were exams, I’d say there was a little more prep than previously, but could have been better
- Make my French better
NOT ACHIEVED: postponed French to 2013, so not a lot of practice happening
- Be less surly
ACHIEVED!: This has been Ace! Really aware of when he might inadvertently be a dick – essential, rare skill for a teen boy.
- Be more co-ordinated
NOT ACHIEVED: Well, maybe a very little, but really not following through with the OT homework or exercise in general
And for 2013:
- Achieve an ATAR of at least 70+
- Start a project that will enhance my mind and interests.
- Broaden my horizons in interests.
- Get in better shape.
- Watch at least one French thing per week.