the new “curated”?

From the captions on this post on the otherwise excellent design files:

➕ Original Danish wall sconces and rattan stools were sourced privately by Tanya

➕ Original 60s Danish sconce lights purchased privately off Ebay and rewired by Peter

➕ And the chairs were sourced privately by Tanya and Peter

➕ And the wire chair, vintage speakers and Danish sideboard were all sourced privately

I’m totally adopting this phrase into the lexicon – “behold this delicious sandwich which I sourced privately“. “yes, these are great socks – they were sourced privately.

About carolbaby

is me!
This entry was posted in . miscellaneous sundries. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to the new “curated”?

1. Shauna says:

Oh man I thought “curated” was bad, hehe :)

2. Carolyn says:

Haha! yes, it sounds so much more refined than just “bought” or “found in an op shop” Or, heaven forbid, Target

3. ganching says:

Pleased to note that they have privately sourced two Ercol chairs which are the same as the ones I privately sourced from eBay.

4. pretty sure my parents had that sideboard…

• also, I have found that blog notoriously thin skinned to criticism and much as I love the content and some of the discoveries along the way, I have a bad taste in my mouth about their breathless spruiking of Belle Gibson before her fall from grace. I notice that content just disappeared without a word of an apology for being one of her enablers.

• carolbaby says:

Oh yuck! I totally missed the Belle Gibson thing. I really only started reading there after you bought your Leila Jeffreys.

I find quite a lot of the breathless spruiking on there pretty off putting.

• carolbaby says:

I have just the space for a mid century sideboard, but anything vintage is ludicrously expensive here. I keep seeing bargain
      sideboards on eBay and discovering they are located in Melbourne which seems to be the home of cheap retro furniture.

5. Tracy says:

could not roll my eyes any harder

Talk to me!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s