I’ve been all about the Real Talk Radio podcast recently. Some of the guests are amazing and awesome, and some are completely ghastly and make one ultra-stabby, but I always get something out of listening – even the horrid guests trigger a good deal of very productive introspection.
I paricularly adored the idea of compiling a list of 2 minute things that bring you joy to bust out when you’re feeling a bit meh; making a “when life works” list – the conditions that need to apply to have an excellent day/week/&etc; and a whole bunch of other great stuff which, of course, I’ve forgotten to note.
Each episode ends with a bunch of rapid-fire, reader-submitted questions which change each season. These were the questions from the recently released season 4.
- What does taking good care of yourself look like?
- Who are 2-3 of fave peeps to follow on social media?
- Looking back over your life, what is one thing you are most proud of?
- What is one thing in your life that is no longer serving you that is time to let go of?
- What are 2-3 books which have had the biggest impact on you or that you go back to regularly?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Favourite thing to give as a gift?
- What’s a habit you’d like to break or one you’d like to build?
- What’s something you feel really excited about that is coming up for you in the next few months?
I found them really thought provoking. I have no idea how I’d actually answer them, but I’m giving it a good deal of thought in my down time. The books are a particular challenge! I’m a voracious reader, but biggest impact?