December already? This passing of time is disturbing.
On with the reckoning: TL;DR version – of 12 projects: 6 achieved; 4 partially achieved; 2 not achieved.
Hey now! That’s a little better.
- war on sloth
- war on graffiti
- war on duopolies
- war on clutter
- war on chub
- war on unnecessary spending
- war on the uncreative
- war on blandness
- war on the shoddy / shonky in ThePalace(OfLove)
- war on our genX slackerness
- war on the career (see genX slackerness)
- war on poor self-esteem
– running at least 3x per week / daily exercise – core + glutes (even 5 minutes is better than nothing).
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED!: Yay! Finally back to this, entering that fun run really made a difference to my motivation level. I think I need short term running goals.
– never let the graffiti on the front of ThePalace(OfLove) remain unpainted for more than 24 hours. Always photograph, always report.
ACHIEVED!: I remain surprised that we are another month tag free. To be fair we didn’t have any agency
– minimise shopping at Coles / Woolies and their associated companies.
– support small, independent businesses
ACHIEVED!: 341 days! I reviewed my need for printing and decided against it, so not trip to officeworks!
– get rid of everything we don’t need or want or things we have been holding on to for stupid reasons
ACHIEVED!: We cleaned the garage! And divested many things. Of course there is much to do. There needs to be a Reckoning with the camping equipment.
– continue with amazingly successful 5:2 diet
– no booze (except for holidays)
ACHIEVED!: 5:2 yes yes! No alcohol in November except for the birthday (which totally counts as a holiday).
– don’t buy anything that is not absolutely essential – none of this fudging with the definition of essential.
– take lunch to work at least 4 days per week
NOT ACHIEVED: As predicted, no spending was exactly the opposite of my November.
That plan to try taking lunch? Hahahahaha, no.
(apologies for the lame project title, alternative suggestions welcome!)
– make one thing per month
– blog at least every second day
– take at least one photo every day
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: I’m pretty sure I kept up the blogging average, but not the photo average. I did make a hat (which seems to have survived blocking!)
– read good books | watch good films and television (at least once a week)
– eat good new things (two per month?)
– listen to one improving podcast per week
– avoid reading the increasingly dreadful smh.com.au
– New recipes? No
– Podcast drought.
– Yes, no smh for ELEVEN whole months.
– TV – nope.
– Lots of non-improving reading! So much Miss Silver.
– have the leaks fixed
– finish the last bits of the paintering
– get quotes for balcony sliding door | shutters | conservatory
REVISED JULY: We have an action plan for the rest of the year. It is quite comprehensive and will be somewhat costly.
replace grout on upstairs balcony (hopefully to prevent leaks into Bessie’s room)
– paint exterior walls on upstairs balcony*
repair (walls and ceiling) and paint Bessie’s room (though we are leaving the ceiling for a bit, wanting to ensure the leaks are quite fixed)
install shelves in Bessie’s room
– paint ceilings on our floor (to cover leak stains)
have air conditioners serviced replace air-conditioners
draft-proof front door and door to garage
– paint leak stains on Giant Wall
– coat rack for garage
– paint interior doors
– line Joe/Frank’s curtains
Oh dear. Nothing at all on this list was accomplished in November.
– get our finances in order
– get our estate planning in order
ACHIEVED!: Maintaining the budget despite my unrestrained spending.
– ramp up the professionalism in dress, grooming and manner.
– just knuckle down and do this advanced manageressing course. FIVE times a week.
– take this “I am expecting big things from you in the next six months” seriously and action accordingly.
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: I’m trucking along.
Formally withdrew from advanced manageressing – best decision ever!
– just stop entirely reading the social media accounts of those who make me feel inadequate (of course, this is not you dear reader)
ACHIEVED!: Again! No temptation this month – which is REALLY interesting and I suspect very much aligns with my lack of alcohol consumption.