A couple of days into the new year and it is time for the family’s not-resolutions! As a reminder, as is traditional around these parts, I force the family to compile a list of 5 things they might like to think about maybe doing during the coming year. There is no pressure to Achieve these things (hence the not part) – it is purely and simply a list and a good indication in future times of where everyone’s head was at.
I’m posting these in order of receipt and with their own comments.
First up, Joan.
Outcome of the 2014 not-resolutions:
- Achieve savings goal
- Determine future education and career goals
– Definitely not achieved.
- Cook more in the home
– Achieved to some extent, now need to focus on cooking healthier meals and expanding my repertoire.
- Continue travels
– Very much achieved, I went to Mudgee, Cradle Mountain, Launceston, Hobart, Berry, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Jervis Bay, Taupo, Rotorua and Auckland.
- Learn foreign language
– Nee, ik spreek geen Nederlands and nein, it spreche kein Deutsch. I suppose I have made a bit of progress with Dutch but I have a very, very long way to go.
And for 2015
Here you go, a mix of easily quantifiable and not so easily quantifiable not-resolutions. Bet you didn’t think I’d be the first to get this to you! (she’s right, I didn’t at all)
- Finally learn to drive and get my Ps.
- Lose 15 kg by the end of the year (or not continue to gain weight at the very least).
- Achieve new savings goals.
- Decide whether or not to leave my job and Sydney to do some extended travel and/or work overseas.
- Take myself out of my comfort zone and start exploring potential new hobbies, interests and activities.