So I’ve been stockpiling books on the kindle for the trip to Hong Kong, but now I have so many that I should probably start busting them out now!
- sarah waters: the paying guests
- marion coutts: the iceberg – a memoir
- karen joy fowler: we are all completely beside ourselves
- laine moriarty: little big lies
- india knight: the thrift book – live well and spend less
- nicola upson: josephine tey – the death of lucy kyte
- john darnielle : wolf in white van (recommended this very day by the excellent, sadly abandoned-blogging, hazelblackberry)
This is why the kindle is the best tech I own. It has completely transformed my reading habits – I can bump the typeface up to Giant-size for my Old Lady Eyes, I can hear/read about a book and get it instantly, rather than putting it on a vague mental list and remembering what I was after on the rare occasion I visit a bookstore.
I’m still trying to read good things (and relatively new things – many of the above were in best 2014 lists) amongst my beloved trash – recommendations most assuredly welcome!
I know there are at least 6 of you visiting here – seriously, give me something to read!