moar random Hobart
What a wretched last two days! Insanely busy at SML with no time to breathe. Yes, of course I can write a nine page Board report in 3 days for a complicated project which I am completely and utterly unfamiliar with. Though I must say I did a bang-up job. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll begin to catch up on everything else I didn’t do which is now days behind.
It appears that under the new world order of Dr12, the purge of the dead wood at SML has begun. One Senior Manager down, five to go. And there was much rejoicing.
In weekend to-do list news, we crossed off most items and all that remained were knitting and reviewing the budget, so I think we can call it a wild success. Really, I should print out the projects list and put it in a prominent location to remind me of what I should be focussing on.
And on the projects note, now that it is April (wut?!), here is the latest 2014 projects update:
- Project 2014: Running – get back to running 15km on a regular basis.
ACHIEVED: Getting along. Could be doing better. Half-marathon on 18 May.
- Project 2014: Frugality – buy nothing unnecessary in 2014
ACHIEVED: I can’t think of anything we’ve bought. Though there have been a good deal of expensive, but necessary meals out
- Project 2014: Foodz – try a new recipe twice per month AND document it
NOT ACHIEVED: Fell by the wayside in March, when there was a lot going on – loads of leftovers consumed.
- Project 2014: Micro-travel – Go away for (at least) FOUR weekends
ACHIEVED: One down!
- Project 2014: Education – Diploma of Advanced Manageressing
NOT ACHIEVED: I thought about it.
- Project 2014: Escape – make plans for getting the heck out of SML
NOT ACHIEVED: Hopefully DR 12 will decide that I am surplus to requirements.
- Project 2014: Try New Things – one new thing per month
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: I’m knitting cables from written instructions, not from a chart. I am not sure if this entirely classifies as new but I’ve not done it before. It all seems a little too specific.
- Project 2014: Romance – do one couple-y/date-y thing per fortnight
ACHIEVED: lots of couple-y things in Hobart
- Project 2014: Watching – watch good film and television regularly
One film per fortnight on GiantTelevision
One television programme per week on GiantTelevision
NOT ACHIEVED: lots of not watching anything except dross
- Project 2014: Sobriety – don’t drink too much alcohol
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: a bit less, with rare forays into a wee bit too much. Taking a break until the half-marathon
- Project 2014: Reading
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: Started a couple of worthy novels, quickly abandoned them. Call me a philistine, but Updike is really not for me. Back to reading typing for a wee while.