Watchword = ouch
- film: one new film per fortnight (REVISED: on the GiantTelevision)
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: we watched a ton of new films at the end of the year – though it didn’t really cover the two fortnights period.
- foodz: one new recipe per week
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: again mostly kept up with the the year of dinners page. A couple of new things (like the carolina bbq, which was superb) – but I don’t think it really covered one-a-week.
- da ‘hood: explore the neighbourhood once per month
ACHIEVED: more occasional strolls!
- paint: 6 months to paint the interior of ThePalace(OfLove)
PROJECT: FAIL. SO MUCH FAIL. Was planning to devote much of the xmas break to painting, but alas the broken face and accompanying dizziness put paid to those plans. This was a complete and utter FAIL for the year.
- teev: watch something each week from the ridiculously extensive stash of video media
NOT ACHIEVED: we added to the extensive stash, but have yet to reduce it (is that thing of complete inability to make decisions).
complete one project from my dabbler email per monthfinish all of those things I started or abandon them.
ACHIEVED!: Bessie and I cleared out the fabric stash so all that remains is to make some things. I knitted two hats and two wee mice!
- learnin: (a) commence my manageress diploma (+ no dallying re assignments) – updated to include (b) be a better manageress.
ACHIEVED!: (a) Holy!Goodness! done and done. The whole process was a lot more harrowing than I had anticipated. I’d like this to change for Advanced Manageressing – but if we’re honest, I feel that this is unlikely
ACHIEVED!: (b) I think I did some pretty decent things before my untimely exit a week early. Also had a difficult performance “where are you going in life?” discussion with a potential minion.
- exercise: twice a week. incidental exercise does not count
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: Broken face kind of broke this one – all I could do for a while was lay about in not inconsiderable pain.
- thing: find my thing (the least SMART of all the projects)
Really, running has been the standout thing I’ve done in 2013. I just adore it and cannot wait to do more.
- sobriety: a dry (at least) January
NOT ACHIEVED: I imbibed a fair bit in December – festive season and all that.
Overall, I didn’t do too badly with this in 2013. Really KILLED the exercise and the sobriety, which were my favourite projects. The not-drinking in particular was interesting primarily for the reactions it engendered – so many people saw it as a judgement of their drinking and wanted to rationalise it to me, when really I did not care in the least. I discovered I have a good deal of focus and willpower – I need to apply these mad skills to other areas of my life!