Watchwords = avoidance | malaise | blergh
- film: one new film per fortnight (REVISED: on the GiantTelevision)
NOT ACHIEVED: again
(I don’t think this has changed for about
3 months now, make that 4 months)
- foodz: one new recipe per week
NOT ACHIEVED: again. But mostly kept up with the the year of dinners page.
(Ditto with the unchanging – and again for October)
- da ‘hood: explore the neighbourhood once per month
NOT ACHIEVED: again.
- paint: 6 months to paint the interior of ThePalace(OfLove)
PROJECT: FAIL. SO MUCH FAIL. Stalled again.
- teev: watch something each week from the ridiculously extensive stash of video media
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: We successfully completed Breaking Bad without being spoilered! Yet to decide on what comes next.
complete one project from my dabbler email per monthfinish all of those things I started or abandon them.
NOT ACHIEVED: again.
- learnin: (a) commence my manageress diploma (+ no dallying re assignments) – updated to include (b) be a better manageress.
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: (a) Well I managed to get one assessment knocked over! and received excellent & encouraging comments. Of course I did not learn my lesson and now have another due on Tuesday – which I naturally have not really started. I really need to examine this ridiculous avoidance thing after this is all over.
ACHIEVED: (b) I’ve done the team’s individual KPIs for the year – and by the deadline no less!
- exercise: twice a week. incidental exercise does not count
NOT ACHIEVED: Finally making it back to more regular running and not a minute too soon!
- thing: find my thing (the least SMART of all the projects)
Yes, by now I am quite convinced that running is my thing – though I also do a mighty fine line in avoidance.
- sobriety: a dry (at least) January
ACHIEVED: two months to go! I was only just commenting to Don this morning about how pleasant it has been to wake up for a whole 10 months with never a fuzzy head.
HOLY!GOODNESS! This is not going well, I declare November be the time to stop avoiding moderately challenging things and to suck it up princess. Lesson for 2014: limit the projects to a manageable amount.