SICK! and TOO MUCH WORK! were the watchwords for August.
- film: one new film per fortnight (REVISED: on the GiantTelevision)
NOT ACHIEVED: again
- foodz: one new recipe per week
NOT ACHIEVED: again. But mostly kept up with the the year of dinners page.
- da ‘hood: explore the neighbourhood once per month
NOT ACHIEVED: again.
- paint: 6 months to paint the interior of ThePalace(OfLove)
PROJECT: FAIL. SO MUCH FAIL. I did start back on the trim in the bedroom today – though we’re now in September, I’m now counting any painting as a win!
- teev: watch something each week from the ridiculously extensive stash of video media
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: We’re part-way through Season 2 of Breaking Bad – there is a lot of catching-up to do!
complete one project from my dabbler email per monthfinish all of those things I started or abandon them.
NOT ACHIEVED: again.
- learnin: (a) commence my manageress diploma (+ no dallying re assignments) – updated to include (b) be a better manageress.
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: (a) completed face to face days! Now for those assessments (I’ve about 6 weeks until I need to have the first handed in).
ACHIEVED: (b) Another performance discussion with Vern-Percy – very soul destroying process, why is it so hard for people not to be dicks?
- exercise: twice a week. incidental exercise does not count
NOT ACHIEVED: First time I have not achieved. Illness put paid to the city2surf which was a little misery-making. And I appear to have pulled a muscle in my right foot (ether that or it is plantar fasciitis – please no!) so am only managing two 5km runs on the weekends with a fair bit of tightness and not a little pain afterward. Sitting here typing rolling a tennis ball under my arch – owwww!.
- thing: find my thing (the least SMART of all the projects)
I’ve had barely enough time to think
- sobriety: a dry (at least) January
ACHIEVED: EIGHT MONTHS!!
Insane month: too much sick, too much work (it felt like every waking hour was spent working – probably because it was). The worst seems to be over and spring is here!