Halfway through the year. Golly.
- film: one new film per fortnight (REVISED: on the GiantTelevision)
ACHIEVED: Have watched more movies in the past month than in the prior 7 years.
- foodz: one new recipe per week
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: a couple of new things tried – best of which was clay pot pork, you should definitely give it a bash. Also managed to update the the year of dinners page.
- da ‘hood: explore the neighbourhood once per month
NOT REALLY ACHIEVED: Again. Perhaps I need to wait until summer.
- paint: 6 months to paint the interior of ThePalace(OfLove)
PROJECT: FAIL. SO MUCH FAIL.
- teev: watch something each week from the ridiculously extensive stash of video media
NOT ACHIEVED: though we are really good at aquiring *new* things (currently utterly mad for The Great British Bake Off and The Great British Sewing Bee)
complete one project from my dabbler email per monthfinish all of those things I started or abandon them.
ACHIEVED: Completed both the table-cloth and the wee pink hat. Must decide on projects for July.
- learnin: (a) commence my manageress diploma (+ no dallying re assignments) – updated to include (b) be a better manageress.
PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: (a) finally! attended the first three days of my intensive course. Assignments seem manageable. Two days more in July and three in August.
ACHIEVED: (b) organised an excellent and thoughtful divisional gift for Vern-Percy’s new baby
- exercise: twice a week. incidental exercise does not count
ACHIEVED: I feel as though I’m going a little backward. June was not good for running – ill last weekend, assisting Bessie with urgent sewing project the two weekends prior. I managed to get out, but ultimately was all rather dissatisfying.
- thing: find my thing (the least SMART of all the projects)
MAYBE, POSSIBLY, ACHIEVED: Maybe not.
- sobriety: a dry (at least) January
ACHIEVED: SIX MONTHS!!
June was hard. Loads of work. Loads of SML jerkiness. Glad to start the new (financial) year.
Am considering rationalising these projects, as I spend rather a good deal of time feeling guilty about not making progress on them. Perhaps I need to just relax a little.