Was planning a token blog post (for NaBloPoMo – shout-out to curious and haze who suckered me in) with a random snap from my iphone. Whereupon I realised I don’t actually have any random snaps from the iphone – gone are those delightful days where I wandered about taking random artful photos.
Work with me while I grapple with this.
So, as a part of the beating myself up for not doing stuff, I’ve decided to check where I’m at re: those resolutions (which are not resolutions) from January and which I’ve completely forgotten about.
- 2010 will be the big year of hard core savererering. No more puzzling at what happened to the YTD earned when we look at our pay slips – because it will mostly all be going into the bank.
That operation kind of got in the way. FAIL
- Compleat Don’s sweater before the end of January. Keep up with the knitting (loving it – thanks again for the push, my beloved Harriet). Aim toward a garment a month (fortunately, hats can be considered garments).
- Accept that I am not going to learn Italian any time soon, but that I will definitely return to Roma in the not to distant future (despite not chucking any euro-cents in the Trevi Fountain).
Planned to take babies to Rome at Xmas. FAIL.
- Keep on silkscreening and learn the photo-emulsion method.
- Make that quilt I’ve been planning (and have had the fabric for) for the past 7 years.
FAIL. Are we seeing a pattern here?
- Sew at least one article of clothing – preferably that skirt
- Extend adjectival vocab (yes, I know) carried forward – for the last several years
- Get the hell out of Marie Celeste at a reasonable time each day
- Stop swearing. I know, y’all have fallen down at that one. I do think it unbecoming of a woman of my advanced age.
OH FUCK NO! FAIL
- Keep up the most excellent work at the gym.
Quit Gym last month. FAIL
- Continue with my reading project – so far has been a hoot! After the Live & Let Die memoir, I love Roger Moore even more (ha!) than I would have thought possible. And cannot quite believe I’ve not read Ngaio Marsh for a whole year, but is true – my goodness that year did go fast .
Distracted by Clive. FAIL
- A Big Project – details of which will be revealed at a later time.
FAIL. That would be the plans for the baby. So very glad we didn’t go down that route.
Well, that was uplifting!
I did have an unblogged un-resolution item which was “always wear oven gloves when near the oven”. I am pleased to note that thus far I AM FULL OF UN-BURNED FINGERS & WIN!