Listening to the amazingly wonderful Ed Kuepper album: Honey Steel’s Gold and I realised (as I said on twitter) that it is one of the albums that makes me wish I had learned a musical instrument (guitar or piano).
Other albums are:
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Californication (bass, of course!)
- Matt Costa: Songs we sing (acoustic guitar)
- Absolutely Anything feat. Johnny Marr (swoon): Smiths/Electronic/The The/Modest Mouse &etc (do you even need to ask?)
- LCD Soundsystem: Sound of Silver (cowbell!)
- Japandroids: Post Nothing (guitar again! + drums)
- The National: all albums (voice)
- Moar to be added as I think of them
I suppose it is not too late to learn both, I mean, realistically (given the longevity in the fam.), I’ve still got more than half my life left (gosh! is rather daunting innit!).