It’s the time of year again, where one does not resolve to do anything because that just leads to trouble.
I decided to revist the old blog to see previous non-resolutions (from 2005), and what do you know, they are almost identical to those I would make now (if I was the sort of person to make resolutions, which of course, I am not).
I have replicated the relevant list items below, you can go here to see the original list.
- Get back into a godsdamned size 10 from the 12 I am now – reasonably realistic, its not like I want to go back into the 6 I was 18 months ago – because that is not going to happen
(2007 edit: this is particularly amusing because 18 months ago I *was* down to a size 6 – now back to a 12 again)
- Keep a clean, tidy and, most of all, uncluttered haus
(2007 edit: I know this is utterly futile, but a girl can dream)
- Increase the diversity of what we eat
(2007 edit: we’re fairly diverse, but hoping for at least one new dish a fortnight)
- Increase the diversity of my wardrobe (for I am heartily sick of wearing the same things)
(2007 edit: would help if I remained a consistent size for more than 3 months so I could acquire things)
- Do something crafty at least once a month (I don’t mean crafty as in cunning, well perhaps cunning crafts?, but practical, useful crafts)
(2007 edit: yes, wishful thinking once again. I’m thinking a satchel for The Beast and lots of scarves)
- Blog regularly (because I try not to be a hypocrite & loathe it when others leave it for weeks between entries)
(2007 edit: note to self: do not try the 365blog thing, it will only lead to disappointment)
- Don’t resolve to do anything
- Save enough $ for The Holiday (74 days to go!)
- Get out and about and have more adventures than currently
- Do something with that blank canvas sitting in the bedroom
- Organise my hard drive
- Consolidate and organise our enormous itunes libraries
- At least one new book per week (I’m a bit of an inveterate repeat reader)
- Use “splendid” and “neat” a whole lot more in conversation (and maybe even “smashing” or “keen”). “Cool” and “awesome” becoming somewhat tired, I think.
- Listen to 13% of the albums in Don’s 1001 albums book.
- Continue the at least 3 days per week at the gym thing.
- Run 10km (on the treadmill, the knees can’t handle the land) – even if it is just once.
- Ab exercises – every day (make the trainer happy!)
- Social: be more (have people over and such)
- Adopt “I did a lot of drugs at the turn of the century” as a catchphrase for when I forget things, rather than, “I’m an old lady”. Much more rock and roll.
As always, I will add to these things I am totally not resolving to do as the mood strikes.