So, I guess chronologically would be the best way to go about this (and bullet points, rather than my usual turgid ramblings)
- The 21st of September saw the anniversary of our first date (all together now, “ahhhhhhh”). We celebrated at restaurant atelier (because it is both close-ish and yummy and we enjoyed ourselves immensely on the last visit). Don mentioned at dinner that he had planned “something” for after dinner (oh! a surprise!) and took me here where the views are to die for and the drinks hideously expensive and then compounded his surprise by taking me downstairs to our room. I must say I do like surprises of this kind very much indeed! Being completely unprepared for this, I was camera-less, so enjoy the view from our room, post-card style:
- Just as we were about to leave for the airport, I walked out to the deck and spied a very rare sight indeed:
The old Glebe Island Bridge – closed! and people were walking across it! damn! If I hadn’t had to catch my plane, I would have been over there and crossing it too – and more than once!
- Internode is now our ISP and mighty fine they are too. I was with them when I lived in Lizzie Bay and recommend them to all and sundry. It was quite a happy day indeed in Chez DonandCarol when that Telstra cable contract expired and I could go back to them!
- While in Melbourne, I discovered a rather delightful second-hand bookstore and stocked up on some Ngaio Marsh novels, which you generally don’t see about very often (well, I don’t see them about), and which I have been enjoying in a rather civilised manner with a glass of wine on the deck on the occasional sunny afternoon.
- I showed remarkable restraint when shopping, but could not resist acquiring some jewellery including a pair of ever-so-fab earrings, very reminiscent of string art.
to be continued….
(okay, they were rather turgid, rambling bullet points)