For the first time in living memory i am making chocolate self-saucing pudding from scratch.
I don’t hold out overly much hope for success as the recipe (the one recipe i tore from the magazine before it was consigned to the dustbin)was obtained from Spo0ty Food Ideas
Spo0ty food ideas has redeemed itself! The pudding was SENSATIONAL – sooooooo much nicer than a packet mix & more pudding too!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup self raising flour
2 (AU) tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
80g butter, melted, cooled
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 (AU) tablespoons cocoa powder sifted
1 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease an 8-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish. Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Combine butter, milk & egg in a jug. Slowly add to flour mixture, whisking until well combined and smooth. Spoon into baking dish. Smooth top.
- Make sauce Sprinkle combined sugar & cocoa over pudding
- Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
Note: an Australian tablespoon has a capacity of 20ml.