I did a rough calculation while endlessly watching documents get sucked through the photocopier. So far I have used around 35 reams of paper for this case! I anticipate using another 4 reams before I finish the current lot of affidavits/evidence. That is just copies for our use (and a copy for the barrister – thankfully I will not be copying for the QC, although initially we thought I might need to). Given the huge number of parties involved in this case (who all have several copies of all the material), I would think a large-ish forest has given its life in order that everyone may have copies of everything.
Meanwhile my work is piling up to frightening levels – hopefully tomorrow will see the copying out and I can play catch-up!