In an exiting news, I have developed balloon-like qualities over the past week. Clothes that fit me two weeks ago are now ridiculously and uncomfortably tight (and in many cases, un-do-up-able).
I’ve been rather good about the exercise/diet and after a bit of lamentation and passing conversation with CrazyHyperGP during my footzapping, I decided this was worth investigating a little further …
Could it be the very thing which was supposed to be my salvation be my undoing?
Mirena side effects
- Change in menstrual bleeding, such as frequent, prolonged or heavy bleeding, spotting, lighter bleeding, irregular bleeding or stopping of bleeding
- Development of fluid filled sacks (cysts) in the ovaries
- Excessive fluid retention in the body tissues, resulting in swelling (oedema)
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Lower abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Breast pain
- Painful menstrual bleeding
- Vaginal discharge
- Inflammation of the cervix
- Hair loss or hair growth
- Skin reactions such as rash or itching
- Genital infections, including pelvic inflammatory disease
- Decreased sex drive
- Abdominal bloating
Yay! I score 14/22. Though I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to establish which ones.
I guess I should be really pleased that my hair is not falling out.