Joe/Frank had a day off from exams and because holidays are fast approaching (and we spend far too much on snacks from the shop), it was time to bond and bake!
I have no idea where we obtained this recipe, so under my esoteric rules for reproducing recipes, I’ve included it below!
Snack 1: cornflake, craisin and sultana cookies
Cooked by: Carol and Joe/Frank
Cornflake, Craisin and Sultana cookies
- 125g butter (chopped, room temp)
- 2/3 (0.66) cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups self raising flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1.5 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 (0.5) cup craisins/sultanas
whatever proportion you like, or either. I’ve also gone to 2/3 cup without everything going awry
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Line baking trays with non-stick paper
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Sift flour into bowl and mix with wooden spoon until just combined.
the recipe says to use the electric mixer to mix the flour in, experience tells me the flour ends up coating the kitchen and self, so wooden spoon FTW
- Add milk and mix until dough comes together
(you can go back to using the mixer for this step, but I generally don’t bother)
- Add cornflakes and craisins/sultanas## and gently mix with the wooden spoon (you don’t want to crush the cornflakes!) until well combined.
- Roll 1 tbsp of mixture into balls and place on prepared baking trays (they’ll spread out, so leave a little room) and lightly squish with a fork or spatula.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, swap trays after 8 minutes, until light golden
- Stand for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool.
##I’ve chucked a handful of dessicated coconut in at this point before with no ill-effects.